✓How to Cook Yummy Grandma's Sloppy Joe's

Grandma's Sloppy Joe's. My grandma served these sandwiches each time I visited as a child. When I had children of my own, I relied on this recipe as an inexpensive way to feed them. Grandma's Sloppy Joes recipe: Quick and easy to make, and delicious too!

Grandma's Sloppy Joe's This yummy sloppy joe recipe is straight out of my Grandma's recipe box. Full of flavor, easy to make and freezer friendly too! Easily make this sloppy joes recipe into a meatless meal by swapping out. You can have Grandma's Sloppy Joe's using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.

Ingredients of Grandma's Sloppy Joe's

  1. It's 1 lb of ground beef... I use sirloin most of the time.
  2. You need 1 1/2 cup of onion chopped.
  3. It's 1 1/2 cup of celery chopped.
  4. You need 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
  5. It's 1/2 cup of ketchup.
  6. It's 1 1/2 tsp of cumin.
  7. Prepare 1 dash of salt and pepper to taste.
  8. It's 6 slice of any kinda buns.
  9. You need 6 slice of cheese (I use any kind of cheese). but grma used cheddar or American.

This was one of my favorite things that my grandma made.it is a comfort food for me. This is seriously the Best Sloppy Joe Recipe Ever. I realize that's saying a lot, but being a Sloppy Joe fanatic myself, I'm gonna have to. Sloppy joes will always remind me of hanging out at my grandma's with my cousins and crowding around my aunt's dining room table for more servings.

Grandma's Sloppy Joe's instructions

  1. I chop my onions and celery then saute w a little butter till its kinda a mush consistency..
  2. meanwhile im browning the ground beef. drain.
  3. add the beef, veggies & spices together in a medium sauce pan on med to low heat..
  4. add the remainder of the ingredients (tomato soup and ketchup) on medium to low heat..
  5. turn down heat and simmer for 20-30 mins..
  6. serve on any kinda bun.. I like mine on a open faced toasted bun w a slice of cheddar on top.

Here's to favorite kid flavors and homemade. Author of "The Healthy Indulgence," Sima Cohen is in the kitchen making some delicious sloppy joes with some healthy benefits. A sloppy joe is a sandwich consisting of ground beef or pork, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun. These sloppy joes are made extra delicious by using the Crock-Pot Slow Cooker. Cooking the meat for sloppy joes in the slow cooker makes for the most delicious, tender, and seasoned beef filling.